Sunday, December 9, 2012

Candy Making Sunday with the ladies!!

I have to say this is one of the funnest Sunday's I have had in awhile!!  My husband's grandmother, my mother in-law and sister in-law all got together this sunday to make candy for the holidays as little homemade gifts.  We had a ball.  Grandma Sandy used to be a teacher and she is very on point with things so whenever we weren't paying attention she'd yell "shut up"!!   Ha!  I can't help but crack up while I write this post, I guess you had to be there to understand.  We made all different types of chocolates.  Turtles with carmel and nuts, chocolate covered pretzels, popcorn, peanut butter, coconut!! It was amazing, all though I have to say I came home with a stomach ache because my sister in-law and myself kept licking up spoons full of melted chocolate!  Nicole (my sister in-law) and I also inherited some of Grandma Sandy's old Christmas stuff!!  We are total opposites, Nicole very girly and I am the tomboy!  We found two mini nut crackers that fit us both to the T, the princess and the warrior!  I love it!  I am so grateful to have those three woman in my life.  I have built such a wonderful relationship with those ladies that just the thought of them puts a grin on my face!  I can't wait too see what Grandma Sandy has planned for us next!!




                                                                   Grandma Sandy



                                                                          Sisters =D




                                                     The Princess      &       The Warrior

1 comment: