Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Grateful Thankful Box.

Happy New Year Everyday!!

I hope everyone's year ended well and was filled with positivity.  The last activity was to jot down things you did to help those around, in order to end 2012 giving back to others instead of always receiving.  2012 was an amazing year for my husband and myself.  We had the opportunity to attend friends weddings as well as my brother in-law and sister in-law's wedding, which as absolutely amazing, I finished my college classes and started my last clinical round, which by the way ends in two weeks and than I graduate :), we had our first year anniversary and we recently found out that we are expecting a baby!!  I am happier than I have ever been and I know 2013 will only be better than the last, especially now that we know it is the year our first child will be born!

The new activity can last for years!!

What you will need:

  • a box that can hold pictures and note cards.
  • 365 note cards (Walmart has them for 100 for 48 cents)
  • 12 photos (4x6)




This will be a grateful/thankful box.  
You will start each note card by writing the day at the top so for example December 1st, but do not put the year.

On the first line write 2013 and jot down something you were grateful/thankful for that day.  The reason you do not want to put the year on the top of the card is because as the days go by you place the card in the back of the pile and when next year comes you add to that same card, same day but different year.  After the years go by you can go back and look at all of the things you were grateful/thankful for, for the past years.

The photos are to separate the 12 months.

here are a few examples of the cards: 

                                                    (My sister in-law's and my own)

Next year we will add on to that same card but start with 2014!

I hope everyone has fun with this activity and keeps up with your daily grateful/thankfuls.  If you don't have the chance to put together the box today jot down your grateful/thankfuls on a separate sheet of paper and transfer later.




On another note..

WE ARE PREGNANT!!

I know I previously stated that up above but I am so ecstatic I can not stop thinking about it!  We are very grateful for our miracle.  I can not wait to take this journey with my husband these next 9 months.  I am so excited to be pregnant and watch my belly grow as our baby grows.  I have so many ideas for positivity projects for moms, dads and their kids that I will post throughout the year!!  I know I am not that far along but I already am in love with this little miracle and can not wait to meet him or her!!


No comments:

Post a Comment