Friday, June 14, 2013

Veggies Veggies Juice and More Veggies!

My husband and I purchased a share of an organic farm near us!  Each week for the next 25 weeks we will receive a basket of organic fruits, veggies, and spices!!  Today we went for a ride to pick up our first basket of crops.  The farm is absolutely beautiful and it smells amazing when you walk past all of the fresh crops.  Due to the fact that the farm is organic it takes a lot of extra work to keep the plants healthy and growing without being taken over by weeds.  Sunday morning we are going to help them catch up with the weeding in the carrot beds.  I am pretty excited to start volunteering there a couple times a month.

This was the basket of veggies we received today


We have also purchased a juicer, which I am completely obsessed with and have been juicing EVERYTHING!  My favorite juices so far are carrot/apple and kale/apple.  I need to start looking up more juice recipes!  Since I started juicing I haven't had one cup of coffee in the morning and I feel great!  I can not believe the energy a cup of fresh juice can give you!  Now that we have so many veggies from the farm I can experiment a little more!


 For dinner tonight....A cup of fresh kale/apple juice, organic veggies and whole wheat pasta salad!




Oh!  I forgot that I grabbed a bundle of some fresh sage at the farm and I
am going to dry it out to make a sage stick for cleansing!

No comments:

Post a Comment